By Carly Ries
As everybody saw with the popularity of Serial, podcasts are huge right now. Not only are they great for storytelling, but they are also a great way to consume content and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends in marketing, whether you're at your desk, in the car, or on a plane. Below are 7 marketing podcasts you should add to your playlists.
1. Social Pros Podcast
Hosts: Jay Baer (@jaybaer) and Adam Brown (@adamcb)
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts out there. The show provides valuable insight on "real people doing real work in social media." In this podcast you'll get inside stories on how top companies operate and measure their social media programs. Episodes include:
- How to Sell on Social When You’re Not Trying to Sell
- A Mathematical Model to Pick the Right Marketing Tactics
- Build Channel Strategies to Get Ahead in Social Media
Access more information here.
2. Social Media Marketing Podcast
Host: Michael Stelzner (@
Want to learn new social media strategy and tactics, as well as gain valuable tips and tricks to improve your social media marketing? In this weekly 45-minute podcast, you'll "discover success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing pros." Episodes include:
- Networking on LinkedIn: How to Build a Powerful Network Using LinkedIn
- Instagram Images: How to Stand Out on Instagram
- Twitter Marketing: How Smart Marketers are Succeeding
Find more episodes here.
3. Content Inc.
Host: Joe Pulizzi (@joepulizzi)
Don't have a lot of time in your day but still want to absorb as much marketing information as possible on your commute to work? In this short-form podcast that airs twice-a-week , the host "shares personal stories, life lessons and content marketing advice to help you grow your audience." Show material includes:
- SEO Questions You Need to Ask Today
- Content Issues That Keep Me Up at Night
- Guess What Your Marketing is Missing
Access show information here.
4. The #AskGaryVee Show
Host: Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee)
Need answers to your top questions about marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship? This is the right podcast for you. This podcast covers topics including:
- Twitter's 140 Character Limit
- How to Market a Product You Wouldn't Normally Use
- When Does Authentic Marketing Become TMI?
Access podcast details here.
5. The Mad Marketing Podcast
Host: Marcus Sheridan (@thesaleslion)
If you want a case study to prove how well inbound marketing works, Marcus Sheridan's story should be the first place you look. Marcus has developed a podcast dedicated to responding to questions from his audience, because honestly, when it comes to inbound marketing, his personal story stands out above the rest. If you're into real, personal, and off the cuff podcasts, this is for you. Episodes include:
- How to Make Sales Departments a Part of Your Inbound Marketing Culture
- The Worst Content Marketing Article Ever, Cool Content Tips, and More
- How to Motivate Your Employees to Produce Content
Access episodes here.
6. This Old Marketing Podcast
Hosts: Joe Pulizzi (@joepulizzi) and Robert Rose (@)
If you have some time on your hands, this podcast should be near the top of your list. In these 60-minute episodes, the hosts discuss content marketing in the news, rants and raves (a minute rant or rave about something content-marketing related), and real-life content marketing examples we can all learn from. Episodes include:
- CMO Survey Finds Spending on Content to Outpace Advertising
- Social Media Isn't Dead, We're Just Using it Wrong
- The Future of Content Marketing 2025
Access additional shows here.
7. Online Marketing Made Easy
Host: Amy Porterfield (@amyporterfield)
Using her own tested and actionable lead nurturing strategies, Amy Porterfield shows you how to monetize your online marketing and blogging efforts and grow your audience. Topics include content creation, social media, video marketing, email marketing, and so much more. Episodes include:
- Write Better Copy: Quick Tips for More Confident Communication
- Masterminding Your Way to Success
- Blogging Essential for Business Entrepreneurs
Additional material can be found here.
What marketing podcasts would you add to this list?