By Ryan Malone
If you are considering a content marketing campaign for business, be sure to think about the following five factors:
- Know your goals - Are you trying to increase sales, improve customer satisfaction, or up sell to existing customers? It's possible to have multiple business goals for your content marketing strategy, but it's important to know what they are. If you provide a service and want to enhance your customer's experience to keep them consistently engaged, you would use different content than if you were trying to generate new customer leads. Your business goals will help inform your strategy, so make sure they are clearly defined.
- Know your target audience - A key component for any type of marketing campaign is knowing your demographics and their behavior. Do they like to watch videos, read top ten lists, or stay informed about industry news?
- Create useful content - Content marketing campaigns are too often created with the goal of adding more keywords to a website. While this might help improve search engine optimization a little bit, this approach won't keep potential customers on the page for long. Think about topics that will actually be useful to your readers. This will help you establish a community of loyal followers and position your brand as a credible one.
- Mix it up - Blog posts do not have to be the only component of a content marketing campaign. You can also use content pieces such as white papers, online guides, e-books, and even video to build your web presence and grow your brand.
- Analyze results - Calculating a return on your investment can be difficult with content marketing, but that doesn't mean you can't analyze the data you have. Which blogs posts resulted in the most reader comments? Which keywords are most often used to find your content online? A good content marketing campaign should be dynamic and responsive.
Not every business owner has the time or skills to launch and maintain a content marketing campaign. This is why SmartBug Media offers content marketing services for small and medium businesses. We work with you identify the right keywords and create useful content that will engage your audience.
What type of content do you generate for your business? How much time would you save if somebody else did it for you?