Game Ready® is the leading post-operative recovery technology for athletes. The company needed help transitioning from traditional marketing efforts into a strategy that integrated inbound marketing for traffic and lead growth.
Game Ready is the first ever sports medicine and post-operative recovery device that simultaneously delivers active pneumatic compression and adjustable cold therapies, resulting in expedited injury recovery for patients. The company developed the recovery solution using NASA technology and continues to evolve and provide the latest technology with each new product launch.
Products offered by the company include flexible wraps for the neck and upper back, lower back, hand and wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip and groin, half leg, knee, and ankle. The expansive product line ensures that injuries of all types, no matter where they are on the body, can recover as quickly and successfully as possible.
Game Ready’s team knows how important it is to get athletes back in the game sooner and the company's technology has been doing just that for nearly 15 years. Game Ready has helped thousands of patients and provided the world’s foremost orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine doctors, and physical therapists an effective alternative to opioid pain management.
Transitioning to an Inbound Marketing Approach
To gain a complete understanding of the marketing challenges Game Ready faced, we performed an inbound marketing assessment and gap analysis to analyze marketing activities and future goals. The findings helped us create a robust analysis leading to a comprehensive inbound marketing plan and strategy. The analysis included an assessment of the existing website, content marketing offers, website traffic growth activities, lead conversion and segmentation opportunities, and lead nurture pathways.
“By viewing the Game Ready marketing initiatives holistically, we were able to establish what inbound opportunities to go after first, in addition to how to make current, traditional marketing efforts integrate seamlessly with the new inbound marketing strategy,” said Ryan Malone, our founder and CEO. “The findings of the analysis launched an inbound marketing program that optimized website performance and ensured a direction for targeting leads online.”
To start, we leveraged the all-in-one marketing platform HubSpot. “In order to achieve the right kind of data to make important decisions, you really need a platform like HubSpot,” said Malone. “Everything is in one place, and the analytics work together to show you how you can improve month-to-month.” HubSpot brought to light keyword optimization opportunities, lead conversion pitfalls, and included all of the tools needed to correct the direction of the current inbound marketing strategy.
Leaving the Competition in the Dust
- Persona Development
- Keyword Strategy
- Premium Content Offers
- Lead Nurturing and Qualification
- Website Design Consulting
The Game Ready marketing team faced competition, both from other medical device companies and from traditional treatments. Traditional marketing efforts were having less impactful results for the company, and it became clear that the way prospects, leads, and customers consumed information about the company was rapidly changing. Game Ready implemented the strategy we provided to help change the course of its marketing strategy, bringing online efforts into view.
We worked together with Game Ready to establish and focus on the following goals:
- Increase organic website traffic consistently on a month-to-month basis
- Grow total number of leads by a minimum of 20% month-over-month
- Continue to analyze, refine, and execute a relevant keyword strategy
- Implement relevant offers and strategically place calls to action on the Game Ready website
Based on the goals above, we recommended that Game Ready do the following to see significant growth:
- Improve organic website traffic by identifying well-researched and attainable keywords used in search engine optimization and blogging
- Create shareable and valuable content for lead conversion
- Segment and nurture leads based on identified needs
- Divide campaigns in HubSpot by body part injured and type of sport
- Design website so lead conversion pathways are obvious for the user and easily navigable
With Game Ready’s personas—including patients and athletes looking to rent temporary recovery technology, physical therapists and athletic trainers looking to purchase systems for their practice or facility, and surgeons and physicians looking to prescribe a non-opioid recovery solution—targeted content creation and conversion path optimization were vital components of its inbound marketing success.
We continually optimized landing pages for conversion rate optimization, assessed content performance for progressive SEO strategies, and used the data tracked in HubSpot to make informed decisions for improved lead generation and distribution.
Through our full-service inbound marketing solutions, Game Ready surpassed the initial goals set for the company. Within the first six months of implementing the new inbound marketing plan, Game Ready saw in an uptick in organic traffic by 52%. Within a year, organic traffic had increased by 171%.
To date, Game Ready has seen the following results:
- Organic traffic has increased by 892.6% from the first month with an average of 16.2% month-over-month compounded growth.
- Organic leads increased by 110% within the first year.
- Organic leads increased by 367.2% and continue to set new monthly records in 2019.
In addition, Game Ready has reported the following:
- Lead quality increased 26% month-over-month due to targeting buyer personas and lead nurturing.
- New product introductions are more successful due to lead generation success through inbound marketing.
With this growing volume of quality leads, SmartBug has implemented more sophisticated lead qualification and SQL distribution processes using HubSpot to get these leads to the right Game Ready sales managers based on geography.