In today’s technology-driven world, data is more important than ever. Most companies are collecting at least some kind of data, but not all companies are using their data to its fullest potential.
Data-driven decisions can help companies make smarter choices for their business and for their prospects and customers, which is why it’s so important to not only collect data but also process it with the right data visualization tool. There are several tools out there that help you and your team better understand your marketing data with visualizations.
Here are the top data visualization tools and how you can choose the best one for your unique needs and team:
According to its website, “Tableau is a visual analytics platform transforming the way we use data to solve problems—empowering people and organizations to make the most of their data.”
As one of the more popular platforms for data visualization, Tableau has a variety of products that can help you better understand your data including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Online, Tableau CRM, Data Management, and much more.
Here are some considerations to ponder if Tableau is right for you and your team:
- Is Tableau easy to use or learn? Yes, Tableau has several courses to help users learn how to get the most out of the platform
- How much does Tableau cost? Tableau Creator costs $70 per user, per month, billed annually. One Tableau Creator user would cost $840 per year
- How is Tableau accessed? How is my data accessed? Is it secure? Tableau can be accessed via a desktop download or online. You can choose how Tableau accesses your data through uploads, servers, or online.
- Does Tableau have the features my team needs? You should do a deep dive of the platform to make sure it has all the features you need, but here are some top features: real-time analytics, dashboards, integrated data connectivity, permission settings for users, and easy sharing and collaborating with your team.
According to its website, “Infogram is an intuitive visualization tool that empowers people and teams to create beautiful content.”
Infogram allows you to create reports, infographics, social media posts, and more from your data. Specifically for marketers, Infogram helps users create visualizations faster to showcase the value add of marketing.
Here are some considerations to ponder if Infogram is right for you and your team:
- Is Infogram easy to use or learn? According to reviews from TrustRadius, yes, and users can get started using infogram right away.
- How much does Infogram cost? Infogram pricing ranges from free to $149 per month billed annually for more extensive packages. They also offer custom pricing to enterprise-level businesses.
- How is Infogram accessed? How is my data accessed? Is it secure? Infogram is accessed online through the Infogram website. You can add your data to the platform by copying and pasting the data set; uploading a file from your computer, Google Drive, or Dropbox; adding a JSON feed; or by using one of their database integrations.
- Does Infogram have the features my team needs? You should do a deep dive of the platform to make sure it has all the features you need, but here are some top features: prebuilt templates and interactive chats, icons and images in platform to create reports, and an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor.
ChartBlocks is an online chart builder app that allows you to design and share charts in minutes so you can visualize your data quickly. The ChartBlocks mission is to help people quickly and easily create charts that look great.
Here are some considerations to ponder if ChartBlocks is right for you and your team:
- Is ChartBlocks easy to use or learn? ChartBlocks has an easy-to-use platform that is intuitive for users.
- How much does ChartBlocks cost? For personal use, ChartBlocks is free, but they also have a Professional tier for $20 per month and an Elite tier for $65 per month.
- How is ChartBlocks accessed? How is my data accessed? Is it secure? ChartBlocks is an online platform and app. User data is imported from Excel CSV files, databases, or live feeds.
- Does ChartBlocks have the features my team needs? You should do a deep dive of the platform to make sure it has all the features you need, but here are some top features: chart-building wizard, chart customization options, sharing tools, and responsive charts.
Datawrapper is a data visualization tool that allows you to create charts, maps, and tables from your data. According to the website, “Datawrapper is a tool created by a team of 18 people. We work together to create the best charting tool for everyone who wants to show their data in beautiful charts and maps.”
The data visualization tool also has some top names that utilize the platform including The New York Times, Thomson Reuters, and World Economic Forum.
Here are some considerations to ponder if Datawrapper is right for you and your team:
- Is Datawrapper easy to use or learn? The platform is intuitive and easy to use with no code or design skills required. They also have a robust Academy and training materials where you can learn how to use the platform.
- How much does Datawrapper cost? Datawrapper has a range of pricing from free to $599 per month, and they provide custom quotes for enterprise-level organizations.
- How is Datawrapper accessed? How is my data accessed? Is it secure? Datawrapper can be accessed online. You can import data via copy and paste, upload an XLS or CSV file, import a Google Sheet, or link to an external database.
- Does Datawrapper have the features my team needs? You should do a deep dive of the platform to make sure it has all the features you need, but here are some top features: 20 chart types to showcase your data; symbol, choropleth, and locator maps; and tables including heatmaps and searching.
Reap the Rewards of the Right Data Visualization Tool
Now that you have some of the top visualization tools in mind, remember to think about how these tools can help you and your organization see value in your efforts now and in the future as goals, objectives, and reporting methods change.
The first step to improvement is recording data and analyzing your findings to see what’s working and what’s not working. Data visualization tools will allow you to understand your data better and make more informed business decisions.