Growth Through M&A: Blending Sales + Marketing for Success
Growth through mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a widely adopted business strategy for organizations aiming to expand their market share, diversify their product offerings, or enter new geographic markets. However, M&A activities inherently present numerous challenges for sales and marketing teams, particularly in maintaining and enhancing customer relationships. Successfully navigating these hurdles requires meticulous planning, effective leadership, and a clear integration strategy. In this webinar, we will explore the key considerations for blending sales and marketing efforts in the context of M&A activities to drive growth and maximize value.
Aligning messaging and campaigns can be challenging due to different target audiences, value propositions, and marketing strategies. Successfully blending sales and marketing drives growth and value in M&A activities. This webinar offers insights on navigating these hurdles effectively.
In this webinar, we will expand on the following:
- Synergy Realization: Organizations often pursue M&A for potential cost savings and revenue synergies. However, realizing these synergies can be challenging, requiring efficient integration of processes, systems, and teams.
- Integration of IT Systems: Consolidating IT infrastructure and systems can be complex and costly. Incompatibilities between systems and data can disrupt operations and create inefficiencies.
- Data Integration: Combining customer data from different organizations can be challenging. Marketers must ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance with data protection regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Measurement and Analytics: Integrating marketing analytics from different systems and platforms can be challenging. Establishing a unified measurement framework is essential for tracking the success of marketing efforts.
- Communication Challenges: Inadequate communication with employees, customers, and other stakeholders can lead to confusion and anxiety during and after an M&A, affecting morale and business performance.
- Customer Confusion: M&A activities can confuse existing customers who may not understand how the merger affects them. Changes in brand identity, product offerings, or customer service can lead to customer dissatisfaction or attrition if not managed well.
- Brand and Reputation Management: M&A activities can impact the reputation and brand image of the merged entity. When two companies merge, they often need to decide how to handle their respective brands. Should they keep both brands, phase out one, or create a new one altogether? These decisions can be complex and significantly impact brand equity and customer perception.
- Target Audience Alignment: The merging companies may have different target audiences, value propositions, and marketing strategies. Finding common ground and aligning messaging and campaigns can be tricky.
What will I learn from this webinar?
You'll gain insights into the challenges of integrating sales and marketing teams during M&A activities. We'll explore topics like synergy realization, IT system integration, brand management, and communication challenges, offering effective strategies to navigate these hurdles.
Who should view this webinar?
This webinar is designed for marketing, revenue operations, and sales leaders at PE/VC-backed organizations, founders/cofounders at Angel, Series A, Series B, and Series C stages, and COOs, CROs, CMOs, VP of Sales/Marketing at recently funded/growth inflection point organizations.
How will you use my personal information?
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To provide you with email alerts, event registration confirmation, and other notices concerning products, services, events, or news that may be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with our clients
- To improve our website and present its contents to you
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.