Marketing Spend Report & Metrics Calculator
You’re constantly facing pressure from the leadership team to show attribution and/or bring in more revenue. Tracking attribution and marketing ROI is not easy, but it is extremely important in order to be able to reach those revenue goals.
To have a predictable funnel, you need to be able to see where your budget is going and how much you’re spending on specific efforts.
Our template enables you to:
- Understand where your budget is going
- Have a predictable funnel
- Report back revenue and clearly see how your efforts are driving growth for your organization
- Understand how much revenue you are getting from each spend in marketing
Marketers are increasingly being asked to connect their efforts back to revenue growth. Tracking attribution and marketing ROI is not easy, but we all know how important it is in order to be able to reach revenue goals. Struggle no more with our ready-to-use Marketing Spend Report template.
How do I calculate marketing ROI?
Although the calculation itself is fairly straightforward, getting the data to accurately show the ROI can be more difficult. Here’s the formula:
(Amount of Revenue) - (Cost of Marketing) = (Net)
To turn this into an ROI percentage, simply take the Net amount, divide it by the Cost of Marketing, and multiply by 100.
The most basic way to calculate the ROI of a marketing campaign is to integrate it into the overall business line calculation. Take the sales growth from that business or product line, subtract the marketing costs, and then divide by the marketing cost.
What is marketing attribution?
Marketing attribution is the way advertisers determine how marketing tactics—and subsequent customer interactions—contributed to sales, conversions, or other goals. These marketing metrics are used to identify the channels and messages that inspire potential buyers to take action.
What is an example of marketing attribution?
A user sees a banner ad on a website for a massage. They click through, agree to sign up for a newsletter in exchange for a discount, and then shop around before leaving. A week later, they receive an email reminding them about the product or service, and they make a purchase.
How will you use my personal information?
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To provide you with email alerts, event registration confirmation, and other notices concerning products, services, events, or news that may be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with our clients
- To improve our website and present its contents to you
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Ready to start successfully reporting & showcasing the value of your efforts?
Just fill out the form below and you’ll get access to your template.