How to Evaluate a Digital Marketing Agency
When businesses are in need of marketing help, the first question is often whether to hire a full-time employee or give the overflow work to an outside organization or agency. This decision will ultimately depend on your company’s objectives, budget, and a plethora of other factors.
Hiring a full-time employee could be the right option for you. Hiring a marketing agency could also be the right option. Both have benefits and drawbacks. Knowing which is the right choice requires understanding the unique needs of your company and what fits into your overall strategy.
This Financial Model Gives Insights Into:
- Total staff investment per hour, week, and year
- Your company’s spend, based on hiring and objectives
- Key marketing hires and its investment
Whether you choose to hire a marketing agency or an internal marketer, do so with care. Ensure the candidate checks all of the necessary boxes and brings the expertise and experience that you are looking for.
The Model Allows You to:
Make a more informed decision
Weigh the costs of both paths
See clearly where your investment is going
What does a digital marketing agency do?
A full-service digital marketing agency powered by experienced professionals can:
- Develop demand generation momentum
- Bring together sales, marketing, and the customer experience to meet your revenue operations (RevOps) goals
- Develop an inbound marketing strategy
- Provide and implement an SEO strategy
- Optimize website performance and conversion rates
- Develop content such as blog articles, guides, and more
- Offer top-tier creative design
- Manage social media accounts
- Provide paid media and public relations services
What should I look for in a marketing agency?
When choosing the right marketing agency, you should consider several factors:
- Credibility: Search for reviews using online resources such as G2, Clutch, or even your technology partner’s solutions provider (e.g., HubSpot’s Partner Directory)
- Specialization in your industry: Does the digital marketing agency have experience or specialize in your business vertical?
- Cultural fit: Is your business looking for digital marketers who are adventurous and test new things or who follow a more traditional approach? You should find a digital marketing agency that aligns with your approach and values.
- Budget and contract type: Consider budget and contract terms. Do they align with your financial model? Agencies typically work under retainer contracts per hour/point or by project. When considering budget, remember that you get what you pay for, and cheaper isn’t always better!
Should we outsource digital marketing to an agency?
Outsourcing digital marketing to an agency allows more cost-effective campaigns executed at a higher speed than in-house marketing can typically accomplish. With a agency, you gain access to many more experts than you would in-house, providing the best results through collaboration with experienced digital marketing professionals. Often, a retainer with an agency is also less expensive than hiring a full marketing department.
How will you use my personal information?
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes: To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us. To provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products, services, events, and news that may be of interest to you. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with our clients. To improve our website and present its contents to you. For testing, research, analysis, and product development. As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Get Answers and Find the Right Fit for Your Business
Simply fill out this form to receive access to the financial model.