PLEASE READ: To be considered for this position, your resume must have well-documented marketing experience and work history that demonstrates your ability to create and execute multichannel marketing campaigns.
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency and content marketing expert. Based in Irvine, California, SmartBug Media has built its name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers and brand value.
SmartBug hires the best people for their positions, whether you are remote or local.
Do you want a digital marketing opportunity where you can grow your skills and increase your responsibility? Do you have experience with inbound marketing or content marketing programs? You should consider becoming one of our Inbound Marketing Consultants.
Inbound Marketing Consultants at SmartBug Media have an important role serving as the liaison between your Client and SmartBug Media, as well as overseeing all activities required to help those Clients meet their goals and objectives. This means you’ll play a lead role in executing inbound and content marketing activities that include blogging, social media, marketing, SEO and marketing automation while leading Client communication and education. You’ll also be responsible for analyzing each Client’s marketing analytics, creating reports and recommending future strategies and tactics.
We know your leadership is what generates renewal business and increased trust and responsibility with our clients. That's why our Inbound Marketing Consultants receive commission for account growth and incremental revenue brought in. That doesn't make this a sales position. It's not. It means that you get to participate in the financial growth of your accounts.
We’re a flat organization and you’ll have a seat at the table in influencing how we grow our company. And this position is a roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done position.
- Manage all communication and education with each of your inbound marketing Clients
- Utilize best practices to execute required inbound marketing services that may include blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, ebook/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, paid advertising management, and others to hit Client’s benchmarks for traffic, leads, qualified leads, and sales
- Based on a gap analysis of the Client's marketing initiatives, develop a strategic inbound marketing plan that meets the Clients' goals
- Execute your Clients’ inbound marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals
- Create monthly marketing reports using analytics to show opportunities and success for the Client
- Continually stay on top of inbound marketing trends and industry advancements
- Increase the sales of all inbound marketing accounts over time
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence
Experience and Education Required:
- 5+ years experience building comprehensive marketing campaigns
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management skills
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and Internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in blogging platforms such as a Wordpress
- Experience with Hubspot preferred